 |
| Throwin' up a California "deuces yo"!!! |
Hey TV Land,
It is day 2 of my 7 day excursion to Santa Monica/LA and today was another AMAZING day!!! I woke up around 6AM...damn my biological clock being set to Houston time. Anyways after making a quick phone call to a friend, I was multitasking between sleep, listening to music, not waking up Tyler, and texting Deshawn...wow, that's alot to do. Well, I was sleeping on-and-off until 10AM. I got up brushed my teeth and while I was in the bathroom, Tyler decided to grace me with his presence. We had a good breakfast of eggs, bacon, fruit, milk and coffee. After letting the food digest, we went to the tennis courts to "play" some tennis. Needless to say, I suck! Lol, I was hitting the balls EVERYWHERE!!! I bet the duo on the next court were really annoyed when I had to call "Ball" and then rush over to get the damn thing. Oh well, maybe next time we can play something that I am good at...like volleyball or basketball.
 |
| The cool thing was there was not alot of people!!! |
 |
| The water was freezing!! |
 |
| Some of the beach front homes |
Afterwards, we came back to the apartment to do some minor weight lifting at the gym before changing our clothes and HEADING OUT TO THE BEACH!!!!!!! It was a sight. The coast and beyond was expansive
and somewhere out there in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, is tiny Hawaii. So before we got into the water, Tyler had already said that the water was cold and that he wasn't gonna get in. Well, back home the water is like 75-80F, so its refreshing but not cold. This water was FREEZING!!!! Not only was the water cold but the waves were really powerful, I mean they knocked me down several times. Thankfully, my hair did not get wet!!! =) The beach was Playa del Rey and its near LAX so it was really cool to see the airplanes take off
 |
| This plane took off so close to us!!! |
and surprisingly, it was not too loud. I feel bad for saying this but I kinda expected to see a plane perform a water landing and push the giant wave towards the beach, pushing everyone back towards the seawall (if it can be called that). So after being out there for about 2 1/2hrs, we got back to the apartment, washed up, and started making dinner. Tonight we had grilled steak, grilled potatoes and onions. Sadly, there are not pictures of our meal...it was that good. Now we are chilling on the couch, Tyler playing a video game and me...well duh, I'm typing this entry. Tomorrow is of course up in the air but you will know what happened tomorrow night. Pictures from today are here...somewhere lol but yeah!!
Deuces Yo!!!
 |
| Barges out in the water |
 |
| So i guess seagulls can enjoy the beach too |
No comments:
Post a Comment