Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1 Recipe Down...I Don't Know How Many Are Left In This Book....

Hey TV Land!!

This is going to be a relatively quick post because it is 22:57 and I have to get up at 6:30 to go work out...which is bearing benefits =)

So this past Sunday was Mother's Day and usually I make my mom something, especially now that I don't have a job and have a set amount of funds from my tax return. Anyways, I have this recipe book that I got while is was in Canada last summer. It has a lot of really yummy recipes that are tailored for a specific season. So since we are in "spring", I decided to do something appropriate for this season. The recipe is "Farmhouse Strawberry Coffeecake". So while my mom was at church, I was at home (I skipped church, oops) making my mom's coffeecake. Originally, I was rushing to make it before she got home but instead she stayed up there to help with the offerings (my mommy is so nice to help) so she didn't get home until 2pm.








The cake took some time but it was fun to make. But my cake didn't look like the cake in the picture. Another things was the slice that I had lacked the strawberry filling. I guess when I poured the top layer of batter on the filling, it settled in the middle and pushed the filling to the outside of the cake. Even though the cake didn't look like the one in the picture, it was good. =) So I've decided to do every recipe in the book in accordance to its "season". There's really nice recipes like lamb burgers, merlot pears with ice milk, and caramelized onion tart. I'm really excited to do this so whenever I cook a recipe, I'll post it on here and give you my opinion on the food.

One more thing, I need to figure out how to rotate this pictures so that they don't take up all this space....hmmm...

Deuces Yo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment