Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Its down to the final strech!!! The MCAT is coming up on May 20th and Deha is still lagging behind..."

The dreaded test day!!!!!


Hey TV Land,
For those who haven't noticed my Facebook on Wednesday afternoon, I have FINALLY registered to take the dreaded MCAT. My test date is May 20 at 8AM. I was so nervous, I even had butterflies while registering on the AAMC website. I have been studying and going over questions since January but that still doesn't quell my anxiety. Hopefully I will be more confident on the actual test day. I always had test anxiety and to help alleviate it, I would listen to music while I took my tests. Of course, with my professors' permission. However, I have been conditioning myself for the mental marathon and its getting better. I think now that I took the time to study independently, I will be better prepared for the test. Word of encouragement from my friends has been a big help!!! So with those words of encouragement and applying Dave Ramsey's FPU advice, I will have gazelle intensity and attack this MCAT head on and get the application process done BEFORE July 1.
The schools that I'm applying to, but not in order.
After I scheduled my test date, I complied a list of all the schools that I'm applying to. Hehe, the total number of medical schools that I am applying for is 19...seriously 19. I have to pay for the application fee, transcript fees, secondary application fees, so I'm really spending some cash. But its for a good cause...a risk that I'm comfortable taking. The majority of the schools are in Texas, my #1: UTMB. #2: Uniformed Services (yes, the military school) and #3: American College of Med in St. Maartens. The top 3 change around ALOT but these are the ones that I want to get into the most. With #2 being the military school, I have upped my working out regimen so that I can pass the physical fitness test that I will more than likely have to take. I'm still terrified of the military but I think that its time for me to get over that.
My disorganized study space!!!
So I have 6 weeks til my MCAT test day, if I come across snappy and angry...I probably haven't slept in 5 days. Just kidding but seriously bear with me as I freak out toward the test day....I still have butterflies!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment