Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Time To Play Catch Up..."


Hi TV Land!!

I know its been a while since I’ve last posted. The trials and tribulations of medical school has been getting to me. I dont really want to do a total recall but I will give yall the gist of what has happened since my last post.

Last semester (my 2nd) was rough...literally. From my first set of exams to finals, I was digging myself out of my academic hole. No matter what I did, be it changing my studying method to studying in a group, nothing worked...and as a result, I became “depressed”. I say "depressed" because my personality was the complete opposite of how I normally am.

I was constantly in a bad mood, I isolated myself from my friends, which placed some serious strain on my friendships and the strained relationship is still going on now but to a lesser extent. I was always tired, cried almost everyday, and wore a fake smile at school. It was really bad. I even begged my mom to  let me come home and turn away from medical school. And even though I prayed for the the light at the end of the tunnel, it honestly didn't come until my 4th set of exams. So for 3 months, I was really sour and I didnt feel free until I got on the plane to head home for Christmas. When I touched down in Texas, it was the happiest day of 2nd semester but sadly my break blew by and I came back to St. Maarten Jan. 3rd.

This semester is rough academically but mood-wise, I’m much better. I try to limit talking to my mom (which is tough) so that I wont get homesick. I talk to my roommate Jamela more now. She is such a sweetheart, I still can’t believe that we no longer live together...hence me calling her my roommate. I’ve also spoke to my friend who is a 3rd year at Morehouse and its nice talking to someone who really understands how I feel. Even though my classmates say “oh I understand”, I really don't think they do understand. I guess thats okay...

I am going home this semester after my 3rd block exams for Easter break. Thank God!! I get to stuff my face full with Whataburger, Chic-fil-a, Starbucks, Chipotle, and other unhealthy foods that I can trust!! Even though there is a BK, McD, and KFC, Pizza Hut, and Dominos on the island...since all of the food is shipped in, I dont really trust the big food places...plus the workers seem to blow off sanitation. Then after finals, I am Finland bound!!! I get to see my bff and her family!! I really excited for this trip!!

Now I’m gonna switch it back to school and show a few pictures from last and this semester. This proves that I’ve been socializing!!!
I'm Treasurer in this organization
Pictures from our Phlebotomy workshop!
We had an awesome turnout!!

My group at a Burlesque show
My friends for dinner at Le Tropicana in Marigot



My friend Dahlia and I at Grand Case Beach
Last thing, I gave up Facebook and Pinterest for Lent this Lenten season and needless to say, its been rough. People apparently dont read my cover photo which clearly states that I gave up Facebook and Pinterest. So what happens is that people will tag me in events and then ask “why didnt you go?? I posted it on Facebook!!!” and my reply is the “-___-” face and then “I gave up Facebook.” Then the friend goes,”Oh yeah!!! Are you really following through with that?” Umm..duh!! The whole purpose of Lent is to prepare my heart for Easter and the sacrifice is nothing to the life that Jesus gave up. Its not a ploy but a willing sacrifice and I am going to follow through. I understand that some people may not understand but if you keep asking me why I havent replied to you’re Facebook message despite telling you everyday that I gave up Facebook...then we have a problem. Oh well, well my next class is starting soon and even though I’m not going to pay attention, it should look like that I’m paying attention.

Deuces for now

PS: Exams are coming up so I probably wont post until after but I do promise to post again. Please have faith in me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment