Hey TV Land!!
It is Ash Wednesday, which is the start of the Lent Season. Every year, I give up something for Lent. My past sacrifices were: Root beer, Soda, Meat (which was the hardest), TV, the Internet (which was hard as well), my Playstation, and Cursing. This year I was stuck because I hadn't placed much though into what I was giving up for Lent. I knew I wasn't going to do meat again...seriously. As Texan who doesn't eat meat isn't normal. I don't curse often...I know I shouldn't be cursing at all but sometimes the words fits the situation more appropriately.
It wasn't until last night, with the help of my co-worker Anna, that I came to conclusion to give up Facebook. I have had my Facebook account for 6 years and I am on my Facebook every single day. I may not be commenting on people's pages but I'm frequently on the site. I was thinking on giving up my IPAD but I actually do work on my IPAD...its not just for recreation, it does serve a purpose. So I'm giving up Facebook and this is my first night without being on it. To stop myself from going on Facebook, I deactivated my account. Once Easter Sunday passes, I'll get back on. I think this works because not being on Facebook will give me alot of extra time either doing my schoolwork, reading,or knitting. Plus I need to start weening myself off of Facebook so that by the time school starts in September, I won't be tempted to be on my page all the time. I have 46 days til I get back on Facebook. Wish me luck! Oh, I have a ride this weekend up in Waller. I have noticed that I am picking rides that have hills. According to the coordinator of the ride, there are "gently rolling hills". Thats a LIE!! Haha, but every one of my rides so far has had hills. I guess thats good because I can get used to shifting and other cycling stuff. That's about it!!
Deuces Yo!
No comments:
Post a Comment