Hey TV Land!!!
It is 2011!!! Oh my gosh!!! 2010 was so yesterday!! Haha, get it? I am looking forward for this year. I believe that this year is going to be a great year of progress. I have so many things to be on top of that I may actually have to make a list.
#1. To grow in my faith: I am going to be active in my pursuit for God, be more active and possibly move on to bigger and better things. I have been reading Joel Osteen's Its Your Time and it has helped alot but I know that this cannot be my only resource. The growth of faith is continuous and I have to keep that in mind.
#2. Medical School Process: This is the year that I start getting medical school stuff ready. I plan on taking the MCAT again in March so I start studying again this coming Monday. I have to be really dedicated in my Master's studies, MCAT studies and taking the practice MCAT during these 3 months. Along with studying, I have to get recommendation letters from my professors and transcripts from my schools. However applying to any school isnt cheap so I really have to manage my money so that I can pay for the applications. This is a big step for me.
#3. Be more health conscious: I have been working out for the past month but I get bored easily and end up not working out. I often work out 5 days a week for roughly 2 hrs but I want to switch it up and add in tennis or raquetball. So if anyone plays, then give me a shout out. I'll play. =) I also have to be more aware of what I eat. I am trying to incorporate more lean meats, seafood, greens (like kale), and dark fruits while limiting the starches like potatoes and whole wheat products. I dont have Celiac disease but I have a slight sensitivity toward Gluten products so I need to be more careful so that I dont cause serious damage.
#4. Improve on my knitting: I have been knitting for about a year and it is the best thing ever aside from reading. I got a set of interchangeable knitting needles for Christmas which is very helpful. Also I am not that good, I do enjoy my hobby. I have 2 projects that I am doing and it is trying cause it seems like it is taking forever and I'm not making any progress. Knitting teaches me to be very patient or I will mess up.
#5. Be more open with my feelings: I was once told by my ex-boyfriend that I can emotionally reclusive. I tend to be very private about my feelings especially when things aren't going right. I dont mean to be this way, its just how I am. However, there are times when I really needed to be open in order for my feeling to be understood. So I will try to be open more but of course it is at my discretion.
#6. Find a job: I am broke...I need a job. I stated in one of my last post about how certain health professions require a certificate for the an activity that I performed in undergrad. It is disheartening when I cant get a job that I could perform but I have to remain positive and think everyday that "Today is my day".
I think that is about it. These are the things that need to be done in 2011. As I said before, this is a year of big change that I am sure of. I just dont know how big or when this change or changes are going to happen. I am excited and I hope all of yall are too. HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! 2011 IS HERE!!!
Deuces Yo =)
No comments:
Post a Comment