Sunday, July 8, 2012

"I'm Still Alive!!!"


Hi Everyone!

Sorry for being M.I.A. Medical school is dominating my life, both in a good and bad way. Well, I guess its catch up time!

First, its almost exam time again. On July 16th (next Monday), I will be taking my 3rd block exams. This is really important because we finish Histology with these exams and then pick up embryology. I'm really striving to do well in all of my classes but since histology is only 3 exams, it would be nice to get a high grade in this class. MCB and Anatomy are bearable this time around. Head and neck on block 2 really messed me over. However, I had a feeling that head and neck would be my weakest subject. Now for block 3, its abdomen and pelvis which is totally clicking. Thanks to my hyper study mode and to my tutoring group. I have always done well with group studying as long as we stay on topic. MCB was an improvement too and I hope to keep this going as well. One week till exams again. Going into super hyper study mode!!!

Secondly, last weekend a group of us went to Anguilla!!! It was awesome! Sailed on a catamaran from St. Maarten to Anguilla, enjoined some snorkeling, got stung by a baby jellyfish, and sailed along the Anguilla coast. It was hot and sunny and I loved every minute of it! Here are some pictures.
Our boat!!!

Ray and Chad



Look at the water!!!!

It was so nice out here!

Anguilla is very very flat.

Some of my shipmates!
We left around 9am and got back around 5:30/ 6pm. It was the best school mini vacation ever! However, Sunday morning started my hyper study mode.

Thirdly, we had a rocking 4th of July by having an EARTHQUAKE!!!!! I'm so serious! It happened around 5:15-ish and while I was in group anatomy tutoring. At first we were like, "what was that". Our school is currently expanding and I thought that the crane that is on campus fell over. But when it happened again, my friend Luke said, "I think that was an earthquake." Freaking out, we all left the lecture hall and waited to see if anything was going to happen. When nothing happened, we went back inside and finished the lesson. Afterwards, a few of us were talking about what to do in the event of an earthquake. Apparently, we either get under the table (which are absent in lecture halls) or find a corner as it provides some protection. Whenever I asked Jamela this question, she says she doesn't know. For some reason, Californians don't know what to do in an earthquake despite going through earthquake drills...interesting.

I think thats about it. I promise to try and keep y'all updated with everything. Its hard because almost every minute of my day is taken up with school or tutoring. Not that I mind but I find blogging therapeutic and I want to show y'all whats going on out here. Can't wait to tell y'all whats going on later so be on the look out!!

Deuces Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment