Hey TV Land,
I had meant to write this post yesterday but, I was lazy. This past weekend I was in New Orleans for a weekend get-a-way. I really enjoyed my visit! When I got to New Orleans, I see the city for what it really is and I kinda miss it (GASP!!). Yes, I know. Anyways, let me do a recap from this weekend!
My friend Christyn and I left for New Orleans late Friday morning. The ride was relatively smooth and we stopped in Baton Rouge to visit a mutual friend. We stayed in Baton Rouge for an hour, chatting it up and just having a good time. We actually didn't get into New Orleans until roughly 7pm. We stopped at Xavier to see Melvin and some of the girls on the basketball team. Melvin told Christyn and I that the Barn (Gym) was going to be torn down since the arena is replacing it. Christyn got all sentimental and was talking about taking a piece of the Barn as a memory...or something like that. As you can tell, I wasn't feeling it like she was. So we left school and headed down to Camellia Grill!! I swear every time I am in New Orleans, I stop at the grill to get some delicious food!! Yeah, the quarter may have the best seafood around but Camellia grill has the best home food ever and its super affordable. It has to be since its literally a hop, skip, and a jump from Xavier and across the street from Tulane. On Saturday, I spent the early-mid afternoon with Deshawn. We went to Landry's out by the lake and grabbed an expensive bite to eat. Oh well, the meal was good. We drove down to the quarter to check out this B&B that my mom picked out for us to stay in when we go to NCAA March Madness 2012. The place is nice and its in the quarter but nowhere near the Superdome. Next, Deshawn and I went to Cafe Du Monde to get some benginets!!!! Amazing!!!
Afterwards, I dropped Deshawn off at his house and went back to the hotel. Christyn had a sorority shindig and wouldn't be back until Sunday. Kris meet me at the hotel around 7pm and Quentin dropped by around 8:30-ish. It was nice to see him since he was in pharmacy school and is usually busy. Somewhere around 11:30, Kris and I left to go to the Harrah's and we met Deshawn there. While I was gambling away my paycheck, I saw Patrick and Brian!! It is amazing how fast time flies when you are in a casino. There are no clocks, it is always bright, and you get free drinks if you play!! By the time we left the casino, it was 2:30AM!!! Deshawn dropped Kris and I off at Bourbon St and we walked down, checking out the costumes, sharing 1 drink (I had to drive back to the hotel) and just taking a nice stroll with the crazy people of New Orleans. I wanted to go drinking but since it was so late, it didn't make any sense to start. On Sunday Kris, Deshawn, and I had a nice breakfast at Tick-Toc Cafe. It wasn't Camellia Grill but it was good. By the time Christyn and I got on the road back to Houston, it was 2:30 PM.
I like going to New Orleans since its close by and everyone is there. Its only after I leave, I appreciate the city. I may consider going down there for New Year's and have a last hurrah for 2011. After the holiday rush season, I will be going back again. =) Well that was my weekend. I have a few pictures on my FB page but theres not that many...only 2 or 3. Have a good week everyone!!
Deuces Yo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment